Office Line SA is one of Microsoft’s Top cloud partners, one of the very few partners globally having 6 Advanced Specializations and being Microsoft Fast Track ready. We empower organizations to realize their digital transformation potential by migrating critical systems to the cloud, provide solutions for a modern workplace and help them get value from advanced analytics while meeting their needs for flexibility, speed, security and reliability.
Within the context of our international expansion, we are in the process of recruiting a Senior Data Engineer.
If you are looking for your next opportunity to join a team that is passionate about culture, growth, customer experience, and making an impact we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join Office Line’s Data & AI Team. Our Data Engineers are responsible for data services including ETL pipeline implementation, data warehouse architecture, data quality automation and integration both on-prem and in the cloud. The ideal candidate has deep SQL experience and seeks to create highly performant queries that result in robust data warehouse tables that drive business insight.
- Work directly with clients to support various projects and solutions.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to understand client pain points and troubleshoot as challenges arise.
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Data Platform Services
- Work closely with DBAs, Product Managers, and Engineers to become a source-data-expert and maintain optimal data warehouse performance
- Build partnerships with business users, analysts, and data scientists to understand data, reporting, and analytic requirements
- Create automated ETL pipeline that self-repairs and self-validates or alerts the team
- Work with source system developers or systems to create and improve data flows between internal/external systems.
- Clearly document and communicates change to Data Warehouse or Data Lake environment
- Support business analysts on data access best practices
- Help explore and evaluate new technologies
- Design end-to-end solutions that improve collaboration, productivity, and knowledge sharing.
- Identify areas and processes where Microsoft 365, Office 365, and SharePoint can be better leveraged and facilitate process improvement.
- 6+ years of experience working on data platforms
- Minimum 2 years of supporting large scale data platform
- Demonstrate customer-centric engineering mindset in developing and supporting of various technology stack including structured and non-structured databases, data ETL and cloud-based technologies.
- Experience in leading data initiatives, including gathering requirements, estimating effort and designing is required
- Strong expertise in relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc. required
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Hbase, PySpark, PIG, SQOOP, HDFS etc.
- Building conceptual, logical and physical model design
- Operating Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts or Lakes
- Scripting or querying using Python (or R, MDX, DAX, etc),
- Strong experience in data analysis and SQL tuning required
- Expertise in ETL tools like Data Factory, Databricks, Informatica etc
- Solid understanding of application of business risk and operational controls
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast pace environment preferred
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- A creative and analytical problem solver focused on translating complex business problems into architecturally sound technical solutions
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Full on-the-job training & support.
- Award-winning work environment and culture
- Great opportunity for advancement.