Customer: Angelicoussis Group
Organization Size: Large (≈ 6.000 employees)
Products & Services: Microsoft Azure, Office 365
Date: January 2019 – December 2019
Angelicoussis Group was founded in 1947. Since, its establishment, Angelicoussis Group is committed to transporting commodities across the globe in a safe, efficient and reliable manner. The Group provides first class shipping services and creates innovative business solutions for its customers and whilst applying fair employment practices both at sea and ashore. Also, has 6.000 employees, spread in offices around the globe. Today, the Group is managing 127 Ships in total with an order book of another 19.
Angelicoussis Group need was to modernize its workplace and transform its business in order to provide a modern, flexible and secure environment for its employees. The Group used SAP solutions for HRMS, ERP & CRM. The modern workplace that they wanted should ensure not only an easy but also a secure access to the company’s data by both local and remote users, using desktop, web & mobile clients. The current environment consisted of local email & collaboration servers that needed a large network and server infrastructure for the servers and data, backup and high operation costs.
Office Line designed and implemented a modern environment solution to cover all Angelicoussis Group requirements. The solution consists of a hybrid environment using the local Data Center, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365, that makes it fully resilient. The users can access the corporate data in a simple way, using desktop apps, browsers and mobile apps, protected with the latest security features.
Office Line expert team deployed the required infrastructure on Microsoft Azure for the best resiliency and application protection, in order to support the new business needs.
- Azure landing zone created and a Secure Gateway solution implemented between Azure and on-premises datacenter.
- AD Domain controllers created in Azure.
- Local Exchange & Skype for Business Servers migrated to SaaS Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online & Teams.
- 6 WS 2012R VMs rehosted to Azure availability zones.
- Secured access to local applications with the Azure AD Proxy Conditional Access and Intune.
- Self Service Password Reset & User Portal delivered to the employees.
- Test migration performance verification executed.
After the implementation of the project by Office Line, Angelicoussis Group reaps the following benefits:
- Global availability of the services, using Microsoft Azure & Office 365 data centers that are globally distributed.
- High Availability, that is implemented with a fully redundant setup.
- Secure and easy access for the users, using the latest identity & enterprise security and mobility features.
- Protection of the local applications, by publishing them from the Azure Active Directory.